- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Warforged are physically powerful, but they have difficulty relating to other creatures.
- Living Construct subtype: Warforged are constructs with the living construct subtype.
- Medium: Warforged have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Warforged have a base land speed of 30 feet.
- Forged: Warforged gain Endurance and Diehard as a racial bonus feats.
- Composite Plating: Warforged gain a +2 armor bonus due to the metals that make up their body. This armor takes up the same space on the body as a suit of armor or a robe, and can be enchanted just as armor can. This plating provides a 10% arcane spell failure chance, just like light armor. A class ability that allows a warforged to ignore arcane spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.
- Light Fortification (Ex): This ability functions like the magical armor ability of the same name, providing a 25% chance of negating a critical hit or sneak attack.
- Weakness: Warforged are weak against certain spells, such as heat metal, that affect metal armor or wood. Spells that affect objects only (such as stone to flesh) cannot be used on warforged.
- Slam: A warforged has a natural weapon in the form of a slam attack that deals 1d4 points of lethal damage.
- Languages: Common. Warforged with high Intelligence scores can select from the following: Dwarves, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc.
Warforged Race Traits
- Heavy Plating: You have improved composite plating, granting you a 8 armor bonus. This replaces your Composite Plating racial ability, and you are considered to be wearing heavy armor (+1 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, -6 armor check penalty, and an arcane spell failure chance of 35%).
- Medium Plating: You have improved composite plating, granting you a 5 armor bonus. This replaces your Composite Plating racial ability, and you are considered to be wearing light armor (+3 maximum Dexterity bonus to AC, -5 armor check penalty, and arcane spell failure chance of 30%).
- Forged of Sati: You were forged in the fires of the volcano Sati by some of the finest Warsmiths. Because of this your armor plating is considered to be Masterwork quality.
New Monster Subtype
Living Construct Subtype A living construct is a created being given sentience and free will through powerful and complex creation enchantments. A living construct has all the traits of a construct, with the following changes.
- Has a Constitution score.
- Does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
- Is not immune to mind-affecting effects.
- Immunity to bleed, disease, energy drain, exhaustion, fatigue, nausea, paralysis, poison, sickened, and sleep effects.
- Subject to ability damage, ability drain, death effects, necromancy effects, nonlethal damage, stunning, and effects that require Fortitude saves.
- Spells with the healing subschool and abilities that cure hit point or ability damage provide only half their normal effect to living constructs.
- Can be raised or resurrected.
- Does not gain bonus hit points based on size.